Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Website Homepage Analysis - The Pretty Reckless

Monday, December 13, 2010

.


In direct contrast to the previously analysed Paramore website, this homepage screen for The Pretty Reckless' website, http://www.theprettyreckless.com, is very bare. As I am analysing the band's homepage and this is their homepage, not just a splash screen, I will not take into account the news section etc., which are usually incorporated into a homepage, but hasn't been here, on purpose.

I think this website, while not a direct response, can be seen as a spiritual response to Paramore's overly busy website, as this is a simple site for a band that is all about the music rather than the social interaction with fans. The image chosen for this page has been carefully picked as it has many connotations. First of all, it features Taylor Momsen brightly lit and clearly visible; she will be the first thing you see when you visit the website. This is exactly what the band want as they are a band who became famous primarily thanks to Taylor Momsen's previous fame in her acting career. The silhouette on the left side of the image is the writer of the songs and is the main driving force behind the band but because the band's main draw is the voice of Momsen he is in the darkness of the photo shoot, but is still a powerful presence, his silhouette is still clearly visible. The four x's down the side presumably represent the four members of the band but it is also their logo so it is important for it to be on their homepage.

There is also a navigation bar at the top underneath the band name/logo, and record label information in the bottom left hand corner. Even though the homepage screen is quite blank, it still makes a lasting impression, however I don't think I will be drawing inspiration from this site as I wish to have some social interaction with the fans for my website, just not to the same extreme as Paramore.