.
On the first real day of shooting, me and my actress, Leann, went to Beresford Park with my own video camera and a bottle of fake blood. Whilst not being a sunny day (which wouldn't have been appropriate for the subject matter) it was still very bright, so the natural lighting conditions were perfect. I began to shoot the first key scenes I needed which were, somewhat abstract, establishing shots. The first were two different shots of tree branches (taken from underneath) going in and out of focus due to my manipulation of the lens (Fig. 1 & 2).

Fig. 1 & 2
I then shot the first close up of my actress Leann as her character wakes up. I wanted the first shot the audience see of her to be out of focus and then come into focus as she opens her eyes (Fig. 3 & 4), however upon reviewing the footage, I feel the shot may have lasted too long for me to fit it all in the tight time frame of my music video and may only be able to use the exact shot in which she opens her eyes, cutting the pull into focus. I then followed the rest of my shooting script exactly

Fig. 3 & 4
The special effects make up of Leann was done by herself and simply involved drooling the fake blood (it's ingredients have been outlined in a previous post) out of her mouth and down her neck (Fig. 5). I then poured a little in her hands and she smeared it all over them (Fig. 6). The overall effect did not look as "blood red" as I had hoped but it is still obvious that it is meant to be blood so I'm pleased.

FIg. 5 & 6
The four locations used for the jump cut walks back home from where Leann's character woke up were all picked because I felt that they all connected to the other in some way but still showed a distance between them. For example, each location has very different types of path, a haphazard grass path (Fig. 7), a mud path (Fig. 8), a new concrete path (Fig. 9) and an old concrete path (Fig. 10). I also plan to use jump cuts because it is the best way of condensing time, I want the audience to know she is walking far away from where she woke up but it would be boring to show her entire walk.

Fig. 7, 8, 9 & 10
When Leann spat out blood for the first time in the video's narrative it went very well. I had worried that the blood may look too fake but it looks great upon review. I shot it twice in a MCU (Fig. 11) and CU (Fig. 12) and plan to use them both in the editing process to almost force the viewer to zoom in on the blood.

Fig. 11 & 12
On the first real day of shooting, me and my actress, Leann, went to Beresford Park with my own video camera and a bottle of fake blood. Whilst not being a sunny day (which wouldn't have been appropriate for the subject matter) it was still very bright, so the natural lighting conditions were perfect. I began to shoot the first key scenes I needed which were, somewhat abstract, establishing shots. The first were two different shots of tree branches (taken from underneath) going in and out of focus due to my manipulation of the lens (Fig. 1 & 2).

Fig. 1 & 2
I then shot the first close up of my actress Leann as her character wakes up. I wanted the first shot the audience see of her to be out of focus and then come into focus as she opens her eyes (Fig. 3 & 4), however upon reviewing the footage, I feel the shot may have lasted too long for me to fit it all in the tight time frame of my music video and may only be able to use the exact shot in which she opens her eyes, cutting the pull into focus. I then followed the rest of my shooting script exactly

Fig. 3 & 4
The special effects make up of Leann was done by herself and simply involved drooling the fake blood (it's ingredients have been outlined in a previous post) out of her mouth and down her neck (Fig. 5). I then poured a little in her hands and she smeared it all over them (Fig. 6). The overall effect did not look as "blood red" as I had hoped but it is still obvious that it is meant to be blood so I'm pleased.

FIg. 5 & 6
The four locations used for the jump cut walks back home from where Leann's character woke up were all picked because I felt that they all connected to the other in some way but still showed a distance between them. For example, each location has very different types of path, a haphazard grass path (Fig. 7), a mud path (Fig. 8), a new concrete path (Fig. 9) and an old concrete path (Fig. 10). I also plan to use jump cuts because it is the best way of condensing time, I want the audience to know she is walking far away from where she woke up but it would be boring to show her entire walk.

Fig. 7, 8, 9 & 10
When Leann spat out blood for the first time in the video's narrative it went very well. I had worried that the blood may look too fake but it looks great upon review. I shot it twice in a MCU (Fig. 11) and CU (Fig. 12) and plan to use them both in the editing process to almost force the viewer to zoom in on the blood.

Fig. 11 & 12