Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Shooting 'Zombie' - Day 3 - 'Mirror'

Sunday, February 27, 2011

.
The third day of shooting consisted entirely of the short scene in my bathroom in which Leann sees her reflection drooling blood. I shot Leann looking shocked into the mirror and taking a step back (Fig. 1) and then I shot Leann drooling blood whilst looking at herself in the mirror (Fig. 2). I will then make a split screen of the two shots in Premiere Pro using the crop tool and it will look something like Fig. 3 (which I have created in Photoshop for demonstration purposes). It was the only shot in my music video that required a tripod because the frame couldn't be moved otherwise the effect wouldn't work.


Fig. 1, 2 & 3

I then shot Leann's reflection drooling blood again, this time in a CU and shot Leann putting her hands to her mouth and looking scared. The positioning of Leann is very important here, as Mirror Leann is on the left and Leann is on the right, they are clearly two different entities.


Fig. 4 & 5

I then used a pan across to the left to follow Leann putting her hand upon the mirror. I did this because I wanted the audience to feel suspense as the camera pans across with Leann; she can see what's now in the mirror and the audience cannot.


Fig. 6 & 7

I wasn't very happy with the lighting in this scene as the incandescence made the image seem far too yellow (this isn't helped by the wallpaper which is normally a peach colour) however I intend to use a colour correcting filter in Premiere Pro to neutralise the orange tone.